TFA Scholarship Recipients
Announcement of Tharu Scholarship for 2019-2020
Tharus and Friends Association (TFA) is pleased to announce the Tharu scholarship for the academic year 2019-2020. This scholarship will be awarded to deserving Tharu students of 1-10 grade, 10+2 or Bachelor level only in Nepal. All eligible Tharu students living in Nepal can apply.
Application Submission Period: October 15 – December 15, 2019
- Must be Tharu.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited institution in Nepal.
- Must have a good academic standing.
- Must not be receiving any kind of financial help from the Government and non-government organizations.
How to apply
- Download the application form attached with this announcement. The application form can also be downloaded from the Facebook page of “Tharus and Friends Association, USA”.
- Fill-out the form (for non-online) and send it along with supporting/required documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include with the application
- Marksheets/academic transcripts for the immediate previous academic level, for example, SEE if applying for 10+2 level scholarship and 10+2 if applying for bachelor level scholarship. Also include the marksheet for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years if applicable (if you are in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year class)
- Proof of your enrollment or admission (Letter from School/University, Student ID, admission receipt, etc.) in a school or college/university. The student ID must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of application.
- Personal statement (one page) – background, interest, accomplishments etc. and why you think you should get the scholarship.
- Two (2) references with telephone number and email address.
- Furnish proof if you are claiming for extra-curricular activities, disability, and son/daughter of a Kamaiya family.
- Certification of your family and financial information by the local ward office.
- One passport size photo
Scholarship Granting Period
- Scholarship shall be granted for one year.
- Funding may be discontinued if recipient performs poorly or misuses the fund, or drop his/her studies
- Academic performance– full-time student with good academic performance
- Economic condition –Priority to students from low-income families
- Priority will be given to disabled, orphaned, and Kamaiya students.
- Priority will be given to students attending public schools/colleges
Announcement of Recepient
- Scholarship recipients will be announced in early 2020 and recipient will be notified via email and announcement on TFA website and Facebook page.
Reponsibilites of Scholarship Recepient
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Provide progress report (e.g. marksheets/transcripts) when the exam results are out.
- Provide a testimony on how the scholarship helped you
- Comply with the rules and policies of the scholarship program.
If you have questions or concerns, please write to TFA at: email@example.com